Pam's Reviews > The Columbus Affair

The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: berry-steve
Read from June 19 to 20, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Wow! Another fantastic book by Steve Berry (who is tied with James Rollins as my favorite author).

As you might gather from the title, the story of Christopher Columbus plays a large role in this book. But, as with all of Mr. Berry's novels, he has woven a tale comprised of equal parts true current events, historical fact, and some very convincing imagination on his part. The story begins Florida with a disgraced journalist, Tom Sagan, and his nonexistent relationship with his daughter. It then moves to Jamaica, London, Vienna, Prague, and back again. It is a fast-paced book with the action never slowing and I was hooked from page 1. To say more would be to tamper with the reading experience, and I don't want to do that!!

As with all Mr. Berry's novels, you never know until the very end (and I DO mean the very end) of the book what is real and what was supplied by his imagination. (Mr. Berry is known for his epilogues where he separates fact from fiction and even supplies source materials for the reader to consult.)

A lot of Mr. Berry's books are part of a series involving a spy-like character and his fictitious agency; however, this is one of several of his standalone books. Anyone who enjoys thrillers, current events, and/or historical fiction will definitely enjoy this book. I unreservedly give it a five star rating and highly recommend it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Columbus Affair.

06/19/2012 page 10