Lee Mandel's Reviews > Doctors from Hell: The Horrific Account of Nazi Experiments on Humans

Doctors from Hell by Vivien Spitz

Apr 04, 12

This is a 'must read' for students of World War II, the Holocaust, and for all medical professionals. The atrocities that these people committed in the name of 'medical science' is almost beyond belief, as is the total lack of remorse expressed by these criminals.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctors from Hell.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Julie Oh, I have this one iin my TBR queue!

message 2: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Mandel Julie wrote: "Oh, I have this one iin my TBR queue!"

Hi Julie- this is quite a book. It never ceases to amaze me to learn what evil things alleged human beings are capable of. As a military physician myself, I was simply stunned by the mindset of these doctors, performing grotesque experiments on prisoners and then claiming that they were only doing their duty.

Sharyn Martin Yes, it does defy belief. If you have the chance and the time spare, get hold of a book called 'Ordinary Men' by Christopher Browning. It's account of the reserve police battalion 101 in Poland. Also another good one is 'Hitler's Willing Executioners' by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen. Both accounts of the things so called ordinary men can do with no restraint. Just following orders? Not a shred of humanity to be found in either of these books.