Kristin 's Reviews > Master of the Mountain

Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: erotica, 2012
Read from April 02 to 03, 2012

Rebecca and her boyfriend Matt are on the verge of calling it quits. They both realize that something is lacking in the bedroom. So when Matt's secret comes out, that he is part of a swingers club, and that his club is meeting for a weekend getaway in the mountains he pretty much gives Rebecca an ultimatum, come this weekend or we're done. So Rebecca relucantly goes along but it doesn't take long for her to realize that the scene is no for her and before she knows it, she is kicked out of their cabin with nowhere to sleep, which is where Logan comes in. Logan's one of the owners of the cabin and when he finds the meek little city mouse sleeping on the porch practically frozen to death, he takes her up to his bedroom to try and keep her from getting hypothermia. However, when Rebecca wakes up the next morning they both find something out, Rebecca is a Sub and just the kind that Dom, Logan, likes.

I wasn't overly sure what to think going into this book. It's safe to say that I am new to these types of books and wasn't sure how I was going to react to it. It wasn't too heavy with the BDSM so it wasn't too bad for me.

I actually really liked the story behind these two characters. That was what really held my interest. I love the fact that Rebecca isn't this skinny picture perfect super model. She is self conscious of her full figure and the scars that cover her legs due to a dog attack. Logan is a Iraqi war vet and the nightmares from his time at war still plague him. I barely gets any sleep from it and it always worried that he might hurt someone while asleep.

Favorite quote...
"Face it: her heritage was round, her body was round, and unless she went for surgery and starved constantly like her mother, she was going to stay round."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Mountain.