♥ Ibrahim ♥ 's Reviews > The Quran

The Quran by Anonymous

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: books-i-loathe, religious-studies

No more of this book! You may wonder why no more with this book. Well, Turn to surat Nissa (women chapter), and read the fourth chapter, verse 34, and put yourself in my place when you discover this books permits the male to read the woman, just because she is not a male. Here is the whole verse:
"If you
fear high-handednessb from your wives, remind them [of the teachings
of God:], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them."

A book supposedly sacred encourages me to beat a woman because I am a male is no sacred in the least!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quran.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fw (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fw The verse is not interpreted as in to beat women. It is to hit lightly as if with toothbrush, that too, only after talking things out/giving her some space does not work, then as a last resort, one may hit lightly as if with a Toothbrush. Now What is the point in doing that? It is to provoke self respect in her; a woman who does not Change her persistent ill behavior toward her husband by the patting of a toothbrush would not change by him beating her. If u want to understand the Qur'an then look at prophet Muhammad's example, he was the living interpretation of al Qur'an.

message 2: by Chayan (new) - added it

Chayan Banerjee It depends upon the translations. I believe the Qu'ran has been tampered with.

♥ Ibrahim ♥ Indeed, the Quran has been tampered with and regardless of whatever translation you read, it still encourages husbands to beat their wives under certain circumstances, as if we need more chauvinism added to our sinful nature.

message 4: by Chayan (new) - added it

Chayan Banerjee Anyway, I have started reading the Qu'ran and my version is lovely it seems.It seems good and like a verification of previous religions.