Emily's Reviews > Elsewhere

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

F 50x66
Apr 04, 12

Read on April 04, 2012

In terms of originality, I would say it's a mix between 'the curious case of Benjamin button' and rebirth(certain religions believe in this). As those two are the themes, I am not entirely unexposed to them hence, it was nothing new to me. As I started reading it, I had the urge to put it down. I felt the writer's style had lacked sophistication and I also felt as if I were reading a child's book(other than some slight sexual implications) which of course does not have much appeal to me. I think it has to do with the narration that reminded me of the books that would appeal to me before. However, as I got deeper into the book, it got interesting. Not interesting enough to make me engrossed, but about just enough to keep me entertained. I would rate it a 3.5 if I could.

The philosphical view in this book of life depressed me. I dislike it. It left me putting myself in hypothetical situations if 'so' was the case. It still irks me. But yes, an okay read. Enough to keep you entertained(me, atleast)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elsewhere.