Kate's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, young-adult, romance, favorites
Read from April 09 to 14, 2012

This is the first novel about angels that I've read. I had my doubts about liking an angel book, especially because I didn't want to end up reading a book based on religion. The good news is this novel barely mentions religion, and for most of the novel the whole angel aspect is skirted around instead of being a focal point.

I spotted this one at the library last week and since I've heard so many good things about this series, I had to check it out to see what all the hype is about. In short, I'm glad I did!

I liked the main character, Luce, who ends up going to a school for troubled teenagers after the suspicious death of a guy she was seeing. The romantic interests are intriguing characters, as are the protagonists.
I love it when characters have a lot more to them than what is originally portrayed, and that is quite a theme in Fallen.

The beginning seemed slow to start for me, but I was intrigued when the story picked up--and it didn't take too long until I was hooked.

I mostly liked the ending though I question the direction the story is taking (not willing to give spoilers but if my concerns are relevant in the second novel, I will be sure to include them in that review), and I'm looking forward to reading the next novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.

04/10/2012 page 42
04/13/2012 page 251
56.0% "Not a very action-filled book, but it still manages to be intriguing."
show 2 hidden updates…