Bookaholics's Reviews > Assassins in Love

Apr 03, 12

Assassin’s In Love by Kris DeLake
Paranormal Romance – March 1st, 2012
4 stars

This fun futuristic romance was pure jolt of entertainment as two assassins find mutual attraction and intrigue.

Rikki is a rogue assassin. She plays by her own rules and being part of the Assassin Guild cramps her style. When her latest assignment hits a hitch, she finds herself saved by a decadently attractive and rich playboy. They share a steamy night of passion.

But the playboy’s actual name is really Misha, and he is a by-the-book Guild Assassin who was actually hired by Rikki for this latest mission! Misha’s mother was a trained assassin who was responsible for killing Rikki’s father and when Rikki finds out his true identity, she want a bit of revenge.

But their passion for each other can’t be denied and when Rikki is asked to make a hit on the Guild itself, Misha asks for her help uncovering the culprit.

Fun, campy and a bit outrageous I finished this book before I knew it. Rikki and Misha’s past make them interesting characters. I was particularly drawn to Misha who seemed very vulnerable behind his tough exterior and felt that he needed Rikki to give him the strong support he never had. As a rogue, Rikki has her own code of ethics which make her a likeable rebel who is a bit rough around the edges compared to Misha who is more polished and has a suave style. Both complemented each other and I could feel the chemistry between them. I also amused that they were very clever and how they tried to outwit each other early on in the story which make it very funny to read.

Light and entertaining, this book is sure to be an enjoyable read for those who love futuristic romances and two smart and competitive main characters.

Reviewed by Steph from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassins in Love.