Captivated's Reviews > The Acropolis

The Acropolis by R.K. Ryals

Apr 06, 12

Read from April 03 to 06, 2012

Never having read anything by Ms. Ryals before, I had NO idea what I was in for with this book! I hadn't read her previous two books in the Redemption Series, that takes place in the same universe, and features some of the same characters as ACROPOLIS. I remember being told that I would enjoy this book anyway, and it is so true!

The beginning sucked me in quickly with the introduction of both Conor and Emma. Two VERY opposite people who meet in extrememly crazy circumstances. They seem an unlikely pair at first, however, I could tell right away that, although they were so different, there was something about their personalities that would just go well together. Emma with her sweetness and loyalty (masked under intense fear) and Conor with that same loyalty but a little bit of "experience" that I felt could help Emma adjust to her new "life".

What I liked about the romantic aspect of this story, the most, is that even though Conor had to get over some of his previous prejudices just to accept WHAT Emma was, he actually becomes a much better gargoyle for it. And a better PERSON. He was already kind and a talented gargoyle but just opening up a little more made him even MORE so. And, in return, I think, knowing and caring for Conor, made Emma a stronger person. These two really did help to better each other.

I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this series and reading THE ACROPOLIS has inspired me to go out and get Ryals' Redemption Series, as well.

I give this book 4.5/5 stars.

Christy @ Captivated Reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Acropolis.