Amanda's Reviews > Good Christian Bitches

Apr 03, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012-reading-list
Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The plot line was interesting and I think had some potential, but the execution of it in this book is eh. The only character who seemed to have any sense was the main character and even she had lapses in judgement. I don't feel that anyone would just sit around a plot to ruin someone else's life in that manner. All of the characters felt very two-dimensional. Her daughter was always very mature for her age, and her son always thought everything sucked. I thought there would be more references to the Bible in this book and there were none apart from a woman occasionally mentioning how 'Christian' something was.

At the beginning of the book Amanda goes to church in her hometown because it makes her feel grounded and all that, and then walks into Bible study which is portrayed as the gossip central of the town. The next mention of church or Bible study in the book isn't until about 2/3 of the way through it when there is what is meant to be a dramatic chapter ending when she states "I'm going to Bible study!" But there has been no development of the catty/gossipiness of this Bible study other than that first chapter.

Then after all the hell Amanda has been through after just moving back into town, there's no resolution process, it just is suddenly the day of the ball and *Abra-kadabra* everything works, not only that, people are friendly with her again when all she did was show up to Bible study to set her story straight.

Anyway - the storyline has potential, which I hope the series was able to better portray, but the book was fairly atrocious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Christian Bitches.

04/03/2012 page 51