Kayli Warden's Reviews > The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Apr 03, 12

** spoiler alert ** The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is just one of those books I always find myself looking for. The characters are wonderful, but my personal favorite is Number Two from Golgafrincham. Obviously, the most hilarious part of this character is his obsession with being the most intimidating soldier ever. Whether he's interrogating people over how they'd like their jynnan tonnyx, or glaring into a mirror, he's constantly hilarious. Something about the character just gets me every time.

Another part of this book I really enjoy is the diction, especially with the main dish of the day from Milliways. ""Good Evening," it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, "I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?" It Harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters into a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them."(Adams 5130)Maybe I haven't read enough books, but I have never heard of or thought of an animal that WANTED you to eat it. It's just genius.

If someone ended up looking through my book, they would find bookmarks and highlighted sections in quite a few places, mostly marking my favorite parts. So hopefully, someone will understand why my favorite part isn't fully my favorite. This part though, is where Arthur Dent meets Agrajag. I mean really, what in god's name did this thing do to deserve this unholy punishment of constant reincarnation, only to be killed off again by Arthur Dent, and is totally aware that this is happening. I can't even begin to describe the pure hatred I would feel towards Arthur Dent if this was me. Though I don't think I would make a cathedral of hate.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.