Leslie Kent's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

2195363
Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: my-silly-romance-books, 2012-so-far
Read from April 20 to 23, 2012

Ok so shame filled as I am to admit this I haven't ventured past the comfort of my couch for the past two hours bc im reading this second one. I am embarrassed with myself for being so addicted. It's super cheese tastic and uses the same phrases and adjectives and verbs every other paragraph and if you want a cool drinking game you could drink every time she bites her lips and talks about her inner goddess and rolls her eyes. I will say again it is not well written but I must finish and can't help imagining Michael Fassbender playing Christian and having a tiny literary crush on him. He is a controlling jerk but with a tortured soul which is how many of my literary men are. Sigh. More to come when done. Good lord.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

04/23/2012 page 144

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline I have a feeling I'm going to feel the same way about this series--completely ashamed yet addicted. At the grocery store the other day I picked up the first book just to read the first page, and I was pulled in immediately. I could see myself getting really annoyed by the uninspired, repetitive word choices too.

Leslie Kent Well. Just finished book two. It really did have even less plot and more sex then book one. I really think those two would be pretty tired but apparently they're able to hold down full time important jobs while being insatiable. This one I did find myself a little bored of by the end bc of all the reasons mentioned before. Plot, writing , repetition etc. and you kind of want to smack Ana often. I do have the third book but I think I'm going to take a tiny break from it lol.

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie It's the "uninspired, repetitive word choices" that have me worried about reading this. I don't want to have to keep reading because I like the story, but be so irritated with writing that it drives me crazy while I feed my addiction. I can't stand bad writing, but I love a good story. I'm so up in the air on this one.