Vanessa Booke's Reviews > Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous

Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams

May 30, 12

Pizza, Love and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous is a fun and easy read. Sophie is extremely down to earth, smart, honest and overall likable. I thought the story's concept was original and I enjoyed reading it from font to back. It was interesting reading about the procedures of the reality cook show and the pressure that Sophie, Shelby and Stan were under. It came off as realistic yet funny. I loved the ending and I thought it was a great finish to the story. I couldn't have asked for a better one. One of my favorite aspects about this story was the recipes included between some of the chapters. I think it added a very homey feeling to the overall book and it fit well the overall theme of the book. I can't wait to try them especially Sophie's pork chops recipe. It probably didn't help that I read this before dinner! I was so hungry by the end! I really loved the detail throughout the book and I felt that the author was well informed about the art of cooking. From how to chop and dice onions to cooking eggs Benedict I really felt a connection with Sophie's challenges. It made me laugh that Sophie and several of the other contestants were dreading baking. I for one think it's much harder than cooking an entree, so that really hit home with me. Overall, I found the story enjoyable and the characters were fun, even the ones that weren't so nice. My only complaint would be I wish there would've been some more drama in between the challenges, ironically what the judges were aiming for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous.