Alisonleonard1's Reviews > Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting

Bringing Up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman

U_50x66
Apr 03, 12

Read in April, 2012

Finally someone discusses the differences in our American culture vs European. I have always said that if I say "No" too often it loses it's significance. I have tried to and continue to raise my kids to end up being independent and thoughtful humans. At the laugh of my American friends, I suggest you read this and understand why your child assumes he is the center of the universe. I also love the parts about French women and men being the most important part... If not for our union you would not be here. I put my husband and my relationship ahead of my children and somehow they seem better for it. A happy homefront sometimes really does give children a sense of acceptance and happiness. Where I have failed is the meals and food issues. We snack often and I give my kids an out if not liking what's served. This book gave me the confidence to cook more and be ok if my kids didn't immediatley like everything! French kids learn manners around the table and I am hoping to integrate that into our lives too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bringing Up Bébé.