Cierra (The Book Lover's Report)'s Reviews > Dragonswood

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey

Apr 04, 12

Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

This book was… okay, I guess.
To me, it had a sort of … I don’t know, I guess a Merlin-type book feel.
It had dragons and fey and humans all mixed together; it even had the Pendragons.
I’m still kind of confused, though. Like if the Pendragons have part dragon, how did that happen? Because the dragons seemed like big lizard-y things in this book.
*Spoiler* It also confused me with the abuse. It seemed like almost every that the man hit their wives and children—even breaking Tess’s arm once—and it everybody else was okay with it. I know nothing about the year 1192, but I certainly didn’t think that they all beat their women. Reading this was a sort of rude awakening to that fact (if it’s true).
Also: the dragons talked, and the fey had their own little castle in the Dragonswood.
The end made me happy, but there was a cliffhanger of sorts (and I HATE cliffhangers, with a vengeance).
Read this book if you like historical fiction, with suspense, witch hunting, and dragons and fey folk, with romance thrown into the mix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonswood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Samantha Since you're asking how they are part dragon I take it you didn't read the first book, Dragons keep. I highly suggest going back and reading that one because in my opinion it was much better.