Jess's Reviews > Unstoppable

Apr 09, 12

bookshelves: rom-suspense
Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

This is a short introduction to Kelsey and Gage, who will be getting a full book coming up later this year. Kelsey is working near the border in a dangerous area and her uncle sends Gage, who’s on leave, to watch out for her. She doesn’t think a babysitter is necessary, but when human bones are found indicating recent kills, things take a very bad turn. The plot was very short, but very fast paced. The Delphi Center, local law enforcement and the FBI are all brought into this investigation and Kelsey’s routine dig site ends up also being the location of a large tunnel going under the US/Mexico border and more than just people are crossing into the US.

While the suspense storyline was interesting, the biggest thing this story does is set up Kelsey and Gage. Gage had tragedy happen on a past mission and he’s still dealing with the after effects of that. Emotionally, he’s closed off, and meeting Kelsey starts to open him up to living again. Kelsey is drawn to Gage right away, but I love how focused on her job she is. She’s a smarty pants and young in her field, but she knows what she’s doing and she wants to do what’s right, always. If that means abandoning her original dig plans to help solve a murder investigation, then she goes all out.

I question a little bit their declaration of love after knowing each other such a short time, but more importantly, this story sets their romance in motion, we get an idea about the rough path ahead for this couple in TWISTED which will then lead into their book SCORCHED. I can’t wait to get more from them. Gage is so very alpha, but is really struggling with that past mission that went so wrong. I can’t wait to see how these two driven people handle not only a long distance relationship, but for Kelsey, her biggest concern is Gage and his dangerous job. This was a great teaser and it’ll be interesting to see these two grow as a couple and try to make their lives work together. I don’t believe this is a short story that will be necessary to read before their book comes out, but I’d recommend it to get their story from their very first meeting. Based on this novella and their behind the scenes events in TWISTED, this will be a couple that you’ll want to read everything you can about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unstoppable.