Ni_kii's Reviews > Up From the Grave

Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Feb 17, 14

bookshelves: must-read, must-read-series, pnr, vampires, vamps, zombies
Read from February 02 to 17, 2014

** spoiler alert ** FTC : I bought this book because I needed to read it. These thoughts are my own.

OK, I’m always surprised to discover this but there are people who have never read these books…I know, it horrifies me too. Due to this fact (and my belief that this is a series worth reading and not worth spoiling), I’m going to review the final chapter of this series in a Q & A format to give enough away to make you want to read it without spoiling anything for newbies to the series and people who have been waiting a long damn time for the culmination of Cat and Bones story.

Can I read book this out of series order?

No, you really can’t. This story wraps up the story of Cat’s heritage, answers questions I didn’t even know I had and shows how far Cat and Bones relationship has progressed.

Did the ending make you feel happy?

Yes. The ending was not one I predicted, nor one I thought I would want, but I think it was perfect to what is the ending of their love story.

Is Bones’s still dreamy?

I wanted to punch Bones at multiple points in this book. The one thing I respected in this series is Jeaniene Frost’s consistency of character; there is no massive character change to either of them because they fell in love, they stayed the same, and it was who they were that got them through all the shit that love brought with it. Bones is a selfish bastard and what he wants, with no apologies and no excuses, is only to keep Cat safe.

Is everyone in it?

Yup, the whole gang. This the book that sews all the loose threads together, that has all the final show-downs, that puts the characters through the ultimate ringer …. honestly, there were times that I hoped all would turn out OK because it certainly didn’t look like it would.

What was my favorite scene?

There is a scene around a third in where I literally would have killed Bones for Cat … he doesn’t tell her part of his plan and the fall out is devastating. I disliked him for it but then he explained; I went away from that scene with a less romanticized view of him but I loved their relationship even more for it. It is a fab book.

Favorite character? (not Bones!)

Ian. It will always be Ian. Can Ian get a book? Doesn’t even have to have a HEA, I just want to read more! :)

Did it make you feel all the feelz?

I laughed, I cried, I cringed and I sat with my heart in my mouth waiting for all the characters I adored to (hopefully) get through the book OK; I read this book in 2 hours and I couldn’t have put it down if I tried.

Sum it up in three words.

Thrilling, exciting and sexy.

Read it… or start reading the series. I insist.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Up From the Grave.

05/09 marked as: future-releases