Kt's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi, young-adult
Read in January, 2012

There are several things you will need to know about The Hunger Games before you start.

1. You will not (repeat NOT) be able to put these books down. It's impossible. Make sure you have a couple of hours to marathon through it (believe me, you'll thank me for this advice later).

2. It's a quick read. Notice how I only said a "few hours"? That's because it will only take a few hours! I warn you of this because you'll be thirsty for more when you finish. And to have an awesome experience for so short a time is one of the most disappointing feelings ever.

3. This is not Twilight. Ok, well the main character may come from a "broken" household... have a testy relationship with her mother... and is routinely described as "cold"... And there is a love triangle where a very confused young woman MUST decide between two equally handsome and intelligent young men... And... Well, hey, there aren't any vampires OR werewolves (but there are some nasty dogs...) AND I actually got through this series and enjoyed it.

Overall, this dystopian (or apocalyptic?) series was quite the winner. If you've been avoiding it because it's the "buzz" right now or because it's a book, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.