Don Bradshaw's Reviews > Still Waters

Still Waters by R.J. Scott

May 08, 2012

bookshelves: family-drama, gay-detective-cop, gay-romance, suspense
Read in May, 2012

Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

I am going to miss this series when it ends. Ms Scott has treated us to three terrific Sanctuary books and the latest, Still Waters, kept me reading and loving the Sanctuary people even more. This time the reader gets a look inside of the organization on a different level rather than just bodyguard and witness.
Adam and Lee used to be lovers and partners. Everything fell apart for them when it seemed like Adam took a bribe from a lawyer and was condemned by his co-workers, Lee included, and forced out of the FBI. The FBI has been leaning on Sanctuary in an effort to get more information on the Bullen case so Jake allows himself to be shadowed by an FBI liaison. He also pairs up an FBI agent with Adam in an effort to try to get enough out of the cop that shot Elizabeth Costain to convict Alastair Bullen. Much to Adam's chagrin, he is teamed up with Lee who he pretty much hates yet still has feelings for. The two men work to get information from Gareth Headley and have chances to talk and patch things up. I liked the way that the two men worked together with their different styles. The absolute trust that Adam had in Lee left Lee looking pretty shallow for turning his back on Adam. I really enjoyed the way Ms Scott wove characters from the previous books into this story which helped to make the story a true part of the Sanctuary series instead of just an add on. The FBI mole was a surprise as was the twist with the Headley family. The story was well put together and flowed well into a HEA ending. I'm looking forward to seeing just how Ms Scott wraps up this great series.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Waters.