Butterfly_Kisses's Reviews > Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Rate this book
Clear rating

's review
Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: cant-wait, 2013-release

I'm not sure if many of you people have read Shatter Me, but obviously, Warner is a psychotic sleeze bag who wants Juliette to torture/kill people. Anybody who is team warner has serious mental problems, or they just can't read. Juliette obviously loves ADAM, the boy from her PAST, not the freakin' psycopath.

Let's just say that some people have serious judgement issues.

List of things Warner has done to/for Juliette:

-They made out (Juliette did NOT like it, and only did it to save Adam)

-Tried to get her to kill/torture the little boy

-Asked her to torture innocent people

-Threatened her


List of things that ADAM has done for Juliette:

-Gotten her out of Warner's base

-Been her best friend for a long time

-Has been an overall good person

-Gave her hope

-Kept her safe

-Touched her because he ACTUALLY loves her

-Risked himself and his brother to protect her


I must have missed the memo that seriously mental people are the new HOT. Because personally, the whole trigger-happy LET'S GO KILL PEOPLE thing just doesn't do it for me.

Another thing that I have an issue with- KENJI. I mean, REALLY, people? Kenji respects Adam and Juliette's relationship, and Juliette only views him as a friend. If you didn't realize this, you obviously can't read.
52 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.
Sign In »

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Stacey Considering a human being as "having complete mental problems" because they find a character interesting is a complete justifiable argument. Well done.
You might want to rethink that phrase, just a thought.

Butterfly_Kisses Thanks. And yeah, probably a good idea. It didnt sound as offending when I wrote it... eh. Oh well.

Stacey Haha. Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but I just get fairly defensive when people hate on a character and then put the hate on the fans shoulders.
But I understand where you're coming from with Warner, he is a sadistic bastard but I guess that's why I like him. I have a thing for the evil ones xD

Butterfly_Kisses Its a personal preferance I guess. Its okay ;) id like him a lot if he wasnt a killer (a proud one), so I can kind of see where you're comin from. I really hope that Mafi doesnt turn the series into a love square(?). Too many good ya books go that way.

Stacey That's true. I'm completely content with Juliette ending up with Adam (which is obviously the case). I just want to see Warner not ending up dead in the end and maybe calm down on his psychotic tendencies a bit. ;)
One thing I didn't understand was when you said the thing about Kenji, are people liking him with Juliette or something? I'm confused.

Butterfly_Kisses I was readinv some reviewz of Shatter Me and Unravel Me, and some of the people were talking about how they wanted Kenji and Juliette to end up together, even though they are just friends. Kenji likes Juliette because shes the first attractive girl he's seen in a long time, but Juliette is too content with Adam to think of a future with Kenji. I agree with you about the warner bit. Lots of YA authors just kill off the bad guys when they could've had them realize the fault in their ways and change. It would be nice for Warner to stop killing people for the heckof it though. That just makes me really not like him.

Fletcher Oh, sorry.
I just got kinda pissed off and got caught up in the moment
Happy Birthday!

Butterfly_Kisses Its ok :) and thanks. I read some reviews like that and understand how this one would tick people off.

Fletcher This was an awesome day for me to write this comment wasn't it

message 10: by Bria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bria Agreed :D

Butterfly_Kisses thanks :)

Becky read destroy me! warner isn't how he comes off to be! :)

Butterfly_Kisses Haha yeah, I wrote this before I read Destroy Me, so now I knda look like an idiot. Whoops :D

Becky lol! totally fine, i think all of us pretty much thought this way about warner!

Fletcher Yeah, until we read Destroy me

Butterfly_Kisses haha yeah. He's not so bad now. I still like Adam, but I understand Warner now.

Butterfly_Kisses I know. There's always gonna be someone who doesn't like what you have to say

Fletcher Amen to that, sister

Mélodie you have to read destroy me to understand that. it's the 1.5 book and your inside warner's head so you get to know him and see how much he loves her (even if she shoot him !!!) :P

Butterfly_Kisses yeah I wrote this review before Destroy me was out. I understand why Warner is the way he is, but I still don't agree with his actions and I still don't think he's right for Juliette.

Nicole Just because we are team Warner does not mean we are psychotic. We all have our own opinions

Fletcher Amen again

April*procrastinator and proud* Have read Unravel Me or Destroy Me? Because it changed my mind completely. Like if you want to know if Warner actually loves Juliette or not then read Destroy Me. For cereal.

Butterfly_Kisses I have not read them, and I honestly don't know if I will. I would like to think that Warner is not as bad a person as he was portrayed in the first book. Oh well. I wrote this review 2 years ago, I think, and have recently been getting a lot of hate for it, even though I didn't know "what Warner was really like" because Destroy Me and Unravel Me were not even close to being out. Thanks, though!

Cran Berry Have you read Unravel Me? Seriously from cover to cover. Because you have then you'd know that of course theres a team Warner! Adam doesn't even have a concrete personality. He's the typical YA love interest. Read one of Adam and Juliette's make out session vs. Warner and Juliette's make out session. You'll see the difference. With Adam its all about the lust, and the fact that she hasn't touched anyone in so long (a girl never forgets her first touch). He's the safe option, the one she has because she doesn't want to get hurt. But with Warner its more emotional, its deeper than appearances. Juliette knows she shouldnt but she wants to, for once she is loosing control of herself and not apologizing for it. Seriously I wasn't Team Warner before reading Destroy Me and Unravel me. I thought he was too twisted to ever be a love interest. When people told me there was gonna be a love triangle in this book I was like "that's not even a funny joke" but the last half of this book just makes it seem like Warner - after he does a bit more revealing and growing up - may just be the best option. As a matter of fact Read DESTROY ME- then you'll see all the things you listed about Warner, are not even true.

Mélodie I agree with you!! it was the same thing for me !! i completely switched sides !! :P

Sarri hey there smart-ass well I think you haven't really read destroy me and unravel me why don't you try and read em first before you judge the books or everyone else that has actually read the 3 books. remember that every time you rate books & give comments on them, READ IT BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING, just like in people, you have to get to know them first before you say a word about them. alright ? :)

message 29: by Butterfly_Kisses (last edited May 23, 2013 02:13PM) (new) - added it

Butterfly_Kisses Check the date, buddy. When did I post this? August 25, 2012. When was Destroy Me out? October 16, 2012. Who's the dumb-ass now?

Mélodie oooh burned lol :P But yeah it's sooo normal to switch sides. I thought Warner was an evil son of a bitch possessive muthafacka but then he turned out really sweet and passionate about Juliette. Adam's and Juliette's love was an innocent first love type of thing but with Warner..... whoaaaaaaaw so consuming !! I loved to see his POV in destroy me !! ^^

Butterfly_Kisses Haha I did too :)

Cran Berry Butterfly_Kisses wrote: "Haha I did too :)"

So do you think you can give Warner a chance? I mean I'm already half in love with him.

Butterfly_Kisses I can try. . . Maybe. . . Lol but yes, I will give him a chance.

Amber i agree with Sagine. Like can't you give Warner a chance? You never know. He probably will and can change his ways.

Tamara Eriel you probably haven't read all three books. i think you should read it first before you murder Warner on your mind.

Butterfly_Kisses Tamara wrote: "you probably haven't read all three books. i think you should read it first before you murder Warner on your mind."

I wrote this review a long time before Destroy Me and Unravel Me were out.

Tamara Eriel Butterfly_Kisses wrote: "Tamara wrote: "you probably haven't read all three books. i think you should read it first before you murder Warner on your mind."

I wrote this review a long time before Destroy Me and Unravel Me ..."

Just saw the date. Haha.

Tamara Eriel Butterfly_Kisses wrote: "Tamara wrote: "you probably haven't read all three books. i think you should read it first before you murder Warner on your mind."

I wrote this review a long time before Destroy Me and Unravel Me ..."

Just saw the date. Haha.

Julia Js just read destroy me... Adam is SO boring OMG

Sarah Klammer LOL do you mean to tell me (assuming this was written pre-release), that people were into Warner PRE-unravel me!?

omg I think I just died.

Sarah I'm about to begin Unravel Me....however I agree that it's disturbing how many people are attracted to the psychotic/hateful characters in books. Kinda makes me sad for the shape our society is truly in.

message 42: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Macomber I can see why you hate Warner so much. Trust me I feel you. In Shatter me he was such a creep and so possessive. I'm not saying you shouldn't hate him but I would recommend reading the novella that sees things from his point of view. He isn't redeemed but you get a better idea of what's goofing on in his head

back to top