Souaad Asar's Reviews > Malcolm X: By Any Means Necessary

U_50x66
Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in May, 2011

Malcolm X by Walter Dean Myers is a great book about Malcolm an African American who lived during civil rights movement. The book informed us about the life of one of the best men of the 20th century. The book explains how anyone can change from trouble maker child to important person like Malcolm x. the author emphasize how the guidance from the religious leader Elijah Muhammad helped Malcolm to became one of the most powerful leaders of the civil rights movement. The author also shows the influences on and the personal strengths of this fiery leader. The point of this book is straightforward and the text suitable in content and tone for younger children. There are some events in Malcolm's life and effort quotations throughout the text everyone would like. All in this entire book covers basic facts about Malcolm X and truthfully provides his life history. This book made me liked the movie of Malcolm X. the children will learn excellent lesson from this book. I would highly recommend it to all readers particularly anyone who believes in violent or fighting back with physically attacks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malcolm X.