Valerie Zambito's Reviews > Revelations of Doom

Revelations of Doom by Jedidiah Behe

Apr 30, 12

Read from April 03 to 30, 2012

Great debut by a new fantasy author! The land of Los is under attack not only from invaders from the north, but from evil shadows that roam unsuspecting among the people. Protagonist Lucian and his companion, Eliath, find themselves on a harrowing search for answers. Along the way, they attract many others to their cause including a beautiful warrior and a princess on the run.

The story captured my interest from the very beginning with likeable characters and an exciting storyline. In the traditional boy faces evil forces theme, Behe gives us an up close and personal view of an epic struggle for survival. The battle scenes are extremely well written and the characters complex yet real. Lucian is a believable hero who transforms from a simple woodsman into a tool for good. Coupled with the great supporting cast of skilled fighters who join him on his journey, this book was hard to put down.

One minor issue I had was the editing and the author’s use of multiple POV’s in one chapter, but since it did not distract from the story, it was easily put aside.

If you are looking for an exciting new fantasy, look no further.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelations of Doom.