Sally Keis's Reviews > The Lucky One

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

U 50x66
Apr 03, 2012

After reading The Lucky One, I fell in love more with Nicholas Sparks’ books. I have read a few of his works before, and this one made me like him even more. I love how descriptive he is throughout the whole book, and how he really makes you want to keep reading the next chapter once you finish one. I really like romantic books, and this might have to do with why I like this book so much. If you don’t like romance novels, this book might not be for you, but if you do like romantic books as much as I do, then this book is for you. With Logan and Beth being opposites; Logan being a marine and a “tough-guy” and Beth being a gentle mother and teacher, they don’t seem as if they would ever fall in love. Beth is timid around Logan at first, knowing he is a marine, she does not want to get involved, and does not want to have to deal with a man right now. After getting to know each other, soon enough, they are inseparable. Sparks makes them seem as if they were the perfect match, and nothing can keep them apart. This book kept me turning pages faster and faster as I got farther and farther into the book. For me, it took a little while to get into it, but once I got past the first part, I couldn’t put it down.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick read, romance novel. This book took me about a week to read, but really if I wanted too, I could have read it faster. Some people do not like romantic books, and if this were you, I would not recommend it because the book is based off a love story, and that is one of the main themes. Like I said earlier though, if you are like reading love stories, than this book is for you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucky One.