Marshall Thornton's Reviews > The Concrete Blonde

The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly

Apr 09, 2012

Read from April 03 to 09, 2012

I came to this series via The Lincoln Lawyer. This book contains a trial, which Connelly does very very well. There's also a lot going on in his personal life. Liked it quite a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Concrete Blonde.

message 1: by Lou (new)

Lou Harper How is it?

Marshall Thornton I read his entire Lincoln Lawyer series which I loved. Harry Bosch is the Lincoln Lawyer's half-brother. I think it's cool the way he connected the two series. This one is older and has a lot more books... I've gone back and started at the beginning. I liked the first two but didn't love them. This one is more promising - love the title, too.

message 3: by Lou (new)

Lou Harper I've read one Harry Bosch story. It was well crafted but not memorable. However, I enjoyed the Lincoln Lawyer a lot.

E.M. Lynley I'm currently re-reading all the Bosch books. This one is just okay. I think the best one is The Last Coyote, which deals with his mom's murder. Haven't read any of the Lincoln Lawyer books yet, though.

Marshall Thornton I've just started that one last night... I do like the way he works the backstory of this character.

Marshall Thornton I would add that who the killer turned out to be wasn't a big surprise... but then I don't really read mysteries for the who, I'm also much more interested in the hows and whys.

E.M. Lynley He's great at setting and characterization, but sometimes the plotting goes a bit wild. Bosch can get a bit over the top in terms of defying authority and recklessness, which is one thing I find is a flaw in many detective series, but I don't mind it so much here, because there is plenty of foundation for it.