Sam's Reviews > Through to You

Through to You by Emily Hainsworth

4.5 Stars

Through To You is a sci-fi/contemporary debut novel. Romance, mystery and an intriguing plot, it grabs your attention from the very first page and keeps you hooked until the very end.

This book is about a boy, named Camden Pike, who is in pieces ever since his girlfriend, Viv, died. He's still trying to get over his career-ending football injury, Camden feels like he's on his own. His mother is always working, and even though Mike, his friend, is trying to cheer him up; no one can fill the ache in his chest. But when Cam visits the spot where Viv died, he sees a ghost. And it isn't Viv. Her name is Nina and she's from a parallel world where Viv is still alive. But things aren't the same in the other world and Viv isn't the same girl he was prepared to die for. Nina is also hiding dangerous secrets, but time is running out because the window between the two worlds is getting smaller everyday. Cam needs to make a choice: Stay with Viv, or let her go.

As soon as I read the blurb I knew I'd enjoy it. Who wouldn't want to dive into a parallel world? It just sounded so cool. I loved reading about Camden's life and how he had to deal with the loss of his girlfriend. Emily Hemsworth delivers a book that is both emotional and very addictive.

Camden was a very strong and determined character with a big heart. Viv was his only friend, without her he felt empty. And to go to another world to find her? It shows you how much he would risk for her. I also enjoyed Nina, she plays a big part in the story and I liked her caring and calm nature. I thought she was a very engaging character with an interesting background, I would have liked to see more of her.

Mysterious, romantic and even slightly creepy, I would recommend this book to anyone who's just looking for something different and unique. Pick Through To You up as soon as possible!

More of my reviews at Falling Books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through to You.

06/22/2012 page 72