Hannah's Reviews > Catch Me If You Can

Catch Me If You Can by L.B. Gregg

Apr 06, 12

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, contemporary, male-male-romance, read-2012, romance
Read from April 04 to 06, 2012

Now that I've finished Catch Me If You Can, I'm not entirely sure what I think about it. It definitely held my attention, mostly because I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on. The pace of the plot is frenetic and there are a bewildering number of characters for a 130-page novel. I often felt like I had missed something important, but I think that's just the way it's written.

Fortunately, Caesar Romano is a very entertaining viewpoint character. In spite of his twitchy, feisty, somewhat bumbling personality, he stands like the eye of calm in the center of a whirlwind of crazy. He is definitely the only remotely sane character in this book. By contrast, Dan Albright comes across as a madman under that veneer of casual unflappability. This makes him an amusing foil for Caesar, but I wish I could have learned a bit more about him. I also wish he had been a better detective. If he were an investigative genius, it would have given him an excuse for being mildly insane.

For the most part, I really enjoyed Catch Me If You Can. I was amused enough by Caesar and Dan that I'd be interested in reading more about them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Me If You Can.

04/05/2012
47.0% "This book is disturbingly lacking in sex so far."
04/05/2012
50.0% "Oh, there's the sex." 5 comments
04/06/2012
82.0% "I picture Dan having crazy eyes. You know, that unnaturally-calm-but-still-not-quite-sane expression? Like Tom Cruise's character in Knight and Day."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Norma :)

Norma Sorry you didn't love it, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your comment about not fleshing out Dan's character was my one complaint about the story too. I felt like we were missing out by not getting to know him. Funny though, that I didn't find him to be nearly as insane as you did. Now I'm going to have to think back or maybe do a reread to see if I'll see what you see. Great review.

Hannah Thanks! I really did enjoy it. I just had to accept the zaniness, the same way I would for a Jeeves and Wooster novel. It sorta had that feel, at times.

Norma It does get down right silly, but for me it stayed on the side of the line. I think my love for the book, and its sequel, was likely colored by my love for Ce from sentence one. :)