Melindeeloo's Reviews > Magic Unchained

Magic Unchained by Jessica Andersen

Dec 09, 12

bookshelves: mythological-tie-in, paranormal-romance, witches-wizards-mages-sorcerers
Read on April 03, 2012

Magic Unchained's leading pair, Cara and Sven have a lot of history and some interesting events in the way of their HEA in Jessica Andersen's latest Nightkeepers series which centers on the countdown to Mayan 2012 doomsday. In addition to the obvious challenges: he's a Nightkeeper warrior mage and she's a Winikin who was supposed to be his servant – which is a forbidden pairing - Sven's also a commitment phobic lone wolf and Cara has major abandonment issues.

This time around the seriously undermanned Nightkeepers are trying to bring the Winikins into the end of days battle as warriors instead of helpers and Cara who is leading the Winikins seems to be key to achieving the Nightkeepers' newest cardinal day task of trying to find an artifact to resurrect the First Father who will hopefully perform some miracle to bolster their numbers or their magic and give our good guys a fighting chance in the final battle.

Magic Unchained ended up being one of the best books in the series so far, there were some great things that happened in the story - some telegraphed and some complete surprises - and some great steamy stuff between Cara and Sven, plus some serious setup for the final Nightkeepers book which will have Rabbit in the lead. So I really enjoyed Magic Unchained and I can't believe that there is only one more book to go before the series wraps up in November 2012 – just before the Mayan December 2012 end date – with Spellfire which is also supposed to also have some closure for Anna (who no longer is going to have her own book.) I can't wait see how Rabbit's dual heritage allows him to help the Nightkeepers to save the world after watching him grow up from the messed up hotheaded teen he started out being at the start of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Unchained.

04/03/2012 page 206
46.0% "I like this series even though it takes a little more attention to read, only one more book to go after this one before it's Mayan doomsday..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) I thought this was one of the better instalments too. I just hope that Anna gets some page time in Spellfire... she really was my favourite character although she hasn't had a major role for several books.

Melindeeloo She does get a little bit - I would have liked her to get more though (I liked her guy:)