Eve's Reviews > The Lucky One

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

Apr 03, 12

The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks, is about a guy named Thibault, who finds a picture of a girl when he is serving in Iraq. Since he picked up and kept this photograph, he finds that he is preserved from dangerous situations, making the picture sort of a lucky charm. When he returns from Iraq, he begins looking for this girl, because he has to know her. He uses the little information he has in the photograph, and finds her in a small town. He ends up working with she and her mother at their pet business, and the two fall in love. The girl, Elizabeth’s, ex-husband, who is a police officer in the town, notices that something is strange and coincidental about Thibault’s arrival, and creates problems.
This was a really great novel, however it was a little slow to start. I did get into it though, and was extremely invested in the characters and the plot. I thought the setting was excellent, as I enjoy small town dynamics. I thought there was plenty of conflict, as well as resolution. There is some more adult content however, and is definitely more fit for a less sensitive audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lucky One.