⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝'s Reviews > Moa

Moa by Tricia Stewart Shiu

Apr 03, 12

Read from April 03 to 04, 2012

I am finally done with the book, it took me two days to read a short book. It didn't keep me interested and I wasn't attached to the characters.

Likes
The concept of the story
The intro to the chapters where it gave the ritual ingredients

Dislikes
Everything else I believe.
--The writing felt like it was switching around a lot. Felt like it was trying to be 1st person present to 3rd person present and because of this switching feel I had to reread parts over again because it hadn't actually switched.
--Also, the Granddad part kept bugging me because she was using the word as a name whereas that gave it the feel of "granddad" being the narrator's granddad and he wasn't.
--The long drawn out spiritual journeys with the chakras. It felt like we were getting long lessons on meditation and if I had wanted to learn how to meditate (which I already know how) I would have bought a beginners guide to meditation.
--Learning about the chakras was cool, however they were not introduced in a fun way or an intriguing way so I ended up just skimming over it instead.

Conclusion
This book has major potential!! I believe if it had been in 3rd person it would've been great. Personally I wont read the next books in the series, I did like the concept of the story, but couldn't connect.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moa.

04/03/2012 page 63
40.0% "The writing is good, don't really know if I find the book interesting enough....don't know how to explain it, i'll think on it."
04/03/2012 page 96
61.0% "something about this book, I can't seem to keep myself interested. I think it's the writing style."