A Tasty Read Book Reviews's Reviews > About That Night

About That Night by Julie James

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: arc, first-reads, gifted-by-publisher
Read in April, 2012

About That Night is like a Great Mix between the Something About You and Practice Makes Perfect.

I honestly want to ramble ON AND ON about my favorite parts, like "Didn't you love when.....?" and "When he said..... I just melted." BUT I CANT!!!

What I can say is that I absolutely ADORED this book. If you loved the sarcastic Kyle "Sawyer" Rhodes from A Lot Like Love, you will Fall in love ALL OVER AGAIN with him in About That Night.

Kyle Rhodes, newly released from prison, yes he was the Twitter Terrorist, and he is trying to start his life over with no complications this time around. But unfortunately for him, the woman he met nine years ago comes walking into his life, or courtroom, and it's complications all over the place.

Rylann never got that first date with Kyle all those years ago, but she also never forgot him, or that kiss they shared. Now they are forced to see each other again, and battling the fire that burns hot between these two is going to be hard to handle, especially when Kyle isn't helping on his end of the line, with his Freakishly, Shampoo Commercial Hair and kisses that melt Rylann on the spot. But for a US Attorney, especially the new kid on the block, to be seen with an ex-con, well that can't be good.

You will have to read the book to see if Rylann sticks with her 20-year plan or if she "Flys by the seat of her pants for a change".

Kyle and Rylann Pierce have this magic that happens between them whenever they are around each other. They have the best sarcastic and flirty banter that happens between them, it's pure magic.

I really never though about the fact that Julie James' novels are very much Romantic Comedies. You can just see every scene being played out in your head while reading, line by line, she is that descriptive and knowledgeable, and man...does she know how to write a LOVE SCENE or what??

My recommendations is OF COURSE TO READ THIS BOOK....You will love it, and you will LOVE THE END....I teared up a bit it was that good!! Can't wait for the next book, and I think I have an idea who the hero will be, and I hope we get a bit more of a certain best friend and a certain charming FBI agent....hum...maybe!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About That Night.