CαthεεBooks's Reviews > Promises

Promises by Amber Garr

Apr 03, 2012

bookshelves: beautiful-covers, books-i-own, books-received-to-review, great-reads
Read from May 17 to 18, 2012

Release Date : Dec 7 2011
Publisher : Self-pub
Format : Paperback
Source :
**From the author in exchange of an honest review**

My Opinion :

It seems like mermaid books are getting more and more popular, and, I am really happy about that, because I love them and books about them!

Promises is a debut that will leave you curious for more!

Sometimes following your heart can end up destroying the ones you love.
Promises is the story seventeen years old Eviana, a mermaid and now unhappy fiancé of the soon-to-be leader of her mermaid clan. Even if she likes Kain, the soon-to-be leader, she is in love with a selkie named Brendan. Then, she runs away with Brendan to gt away from her so-called destiny. And, Brendan gets hurt. And a war begins. You know, good ole' stuff!

A great mermaid book to add to your to-read list!

Amber Garr'S writing is easy to read and flows easily; it is not easy to keep yourself from turning the pages again and again, because the story is intriguing and pulls you in.

I thought the romance between Eviana and Brendan's romance wasn't real enough for me; as you may know, I LOVE romance.

One thing that I just LOVED is the constant drama in the book! I am a drama-holic, just so you know, and I think that drama and romance are the two things that make a book good. :D

Great book!

RATING
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promises.

05/17/2012 page 61