Angela Oliver's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, women-s-literature
Read in April, 2012

This is my second Dessen novel in less than a week, and I must say - they are quite addictive. I have always enjoyed reading stories about teenage girls experiencing the same sort of insecurities that I recall all too well from my youth. This one follows a relatively different approach from the earlier one I read, "Someone like you" whilst following the similar themes of mother/daughter relationships, romantic relationships, personal growth and emotional development. It introduces an element of chaos into the steady, reliable life of 17 year old Macy, and teaches her more than a few lessons about how life should really be lived. I enjoyed the storyline, the touch of humour (and chaos) and love the way Dessen creates characters that are just so well fleshed out they could almost become your best friend.

I have some more lined up to read. Technically speaking, it's research for work (I work in a bookstore and due to reasons beyond my control, we currently have a large quantity of Desson's books to sell). But I think I'm taking it above and beyond. And enjoying every minute of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.