Bill's Reviews > The Emotional Life of Your Brain: How Its Unique Patterns Affect the Way You Think, Feel, and Live--and How You Can Change Them

The Emotional Life of Your Brain by Richard J. Davidson

Apr 08, 12

Read from April 02 to 08, 2012

Excellent book. After finishing Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain, I read The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg. The Emotional Life of Your Brain was a great follow up. They all help with understanding how the brain works -- and more important, how you can actually change it with practice by meditation and other techniques.

Now on to a few others: two by Daniel Goleman (author of Emotional Intelligence): Working with Emotional Intelligence; and Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships. And one by Jon Kabat-Zinn -- Wherever you Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (which helps put some of Davidson's information about changing the brain into practice).

Of course, a beer at the corner helps too.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emotional Life of Your Brain.