Lexie's Reviews > Galdoni

Galdoni by Cheree Alsop

Apr 02, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from April 26 to May 03, 2012

This book was fantastic! I had seen Cheree Alsop's name around the blogosphere but I didn't know anything about her books. I hate to admit it but I'm a total follower and usually lean more towards mainstream books instead of indies. But this book took me by complete surprise!

Right away, there were a number of things that really impressed me about this book. First off, don't you just adore the cover?! It's beautiful and fits the book wonderfully.

The second thing that I really liked was that this book had a male protagonist. My husband complains all the time that the YA books I recommend to him have female leads. It was so refreshing to have a male voice. And it suited the theme of the book so well because men can relate better to issues dealing with violence.

One of the reasons I don't read many indie books is due to formatting and grammatical errors. Many of these books are written hastily and not carefully edited. As a technical writer myself, little mistakes that other readers might not even notice drive me crazy! However, this was definitely not the case with Galdoni. There were few, if any, grammatical errors, the formatting was good, and it was well written.

This book had all the genres that I love included in it: paranormal, dystopian, and romance. How could you go wrong with that?! The society and government reminded me a little of The Hunger Games but with a unique twist to it. And I liked the subtle touch of romance which added to the story but did not overpower it.

I was so impressed with Galdoni that I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fresh voice in YA. I can't wait for the sequel and will definitely be checking out Cheree's other books!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galdoni.