Kami's Reviews > Moon Dance

Moon Dance by J.R. Rain

Apr 06, 12

Read from April 02 to 06, 2012

This is a very nice story. I love vampire & werewolves so this book is perfect for me since it has both. Except for one typo that repeated itself throughout the entire book (save where except should be)the writing was good.

Samantha Moon (love the name) is a former FBI/Homeland Security agent turned vampire turned PI. She has a husband & 2 children. Sam struggles to maintain her family, her marriage, & her sanity. Sam was attacked & turned into a vampire 6 years ago, since then she has been on her own trying to figure out the vampirism. Her husband (Danny) has tried to be supportive but Sam feels that he is pulling away. She feels Danny distancing himself from her but what can she do if he is afraid for his safety & the safety of their children.

I disliked Danny from the very beginning & I can not see where I would ever like him. I find myself loving Samantha more & more as she holds on tight to Danny & their relationship. She is a good mother & that shines throw in every scene with her children. Danny & Sam had a master plan in the beginning with her vampirism. They told everyone that she had a rare skin condition. All the facts check out, sensitive to the sun & pale skin, most people accept it & move on. Those who don't ask a lot of questions.

Sam takes on an interesting case for a man named Kingsley. a defense attorney. He hires Sam to find out who shot him 6 months ago. Kingsley is a nice addition to Sam's life. Sam learns a lot about herself & the world she has been thrown into more & more each day. Kingsley has some secrets of his own which he shares with Sam.

Throughout this book I was on a small emotional roller coaster with Sam. I felt her pain & frustration with Danny, her love for her children, her sexual interests in another man that was not her husband, & her sorrow of failure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Dance.

04/05/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cole (new)

Cole Guion Save and except are the same in some cases, as in "The room was dark save for a small trapezoid of sun which slanted through the single small window."