Brie's Reviews > Sisterhood of Dune

Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: arc, won-in-contest, goodreads-first-reads
Read from April 02 to May 02, 2012

I got this as an Goodreads First Reads win and was excited to read it because I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy novels and the original Dune series.

I barely made it a few chapters before giving up on it. The characters were cardboard, the story shallow and boring, and I just could not stay interested in it. This is a rarely occurring thing for me because I can usually power through books I don't enjoy but I just could not stick with this book. I was that bored and uninterested in the story.

So this will be a low-rated, "did not finish", book because for it to get above one star to me, it has to keep me reading and this book did not.

I may revisit this book in the future to see if a different time/mood makes me better able to read this book.

++++Note: The one star rating is one I rarely use and is more a personal choice according to how the book appealed to me. Others may really love the book but if I mark it as one star, even as a "DNF", it means it was not my cup of tea...at all.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisterhood of Dune.

04/02/2012 page 20
04/04/2012 page 50
10.0% "Won this a Goodreads First Read. Finally getting the chance to read it. Getting my old skool sci fi on."
05/03/2012 page 100
20.0% "Can this book be any more boring? I am worried it will end up being a "did not finish"."
show 3 hidden updates…