Katelyn's Reviews > Vampire's Kiss

Vampire's Kiss by Veronica Wolff

Apr 02, 12

Oh I think it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll always be a big fan of all things vampires, but this series has really been a lot of fun so far in my opinion. Definitely a very unique and addicting spin on a genre that seems overrun with a good amount of the same ideas. But I just can't seem to get enough of Acari Drew and the rest of these characters. Drew proved yet again in this second installment that she's a fun heroine to watch and root for. Ronan was as brooding as ever, but I enjoyed learning a little more about him, and getting those small peaks into his past that readers have been dying to get. And I'm not sure I even know where to begin when it comes to Alcantara...there's just no way to describe him is there? One minute I was on his team and liking what I was reading, and the next minute he manages to put my opinion totally up in the air with his antics and mysterious nature.

The mission was just what I was expecting from Wolff. A very tense and action packed, not to mention surprising adventure that ended with me all out flabbergasted. No other way to put it without doing it an injustice. So hopefully Wolff continues to crank more installments out in this series, because there's no way I'm even close to getting enough. Her third installment, sadly doesn't come out until August 2012, but Blood Fever looks like it'll be yet another winner. So be on the lookout for this second installment which hits stores next week, March 6th and once you're hooked yet again (which is inevitable) mark your calendars for Blood Fever coming out in August.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire's Kiss.