Leslie's Reviews > Eveillez: Deny Your Blood Lust

Eveillez by C.D. Hussey

Apr 02, 2012

Read from May 23 to 25, 2012

4.5 Stars!

This story begins with the hero, Detective Kevin McCoy. He is assigned to investigate two horrific deaths within the Human Vampire Community in New Orleans. Kevin is determined to find out the truth and when his investigation leads him to the heroine, Angel, his life becomes even more compliated. She's beautiful, she's mysterious and he is immediately drawn to her. Their mutual attraction is what keeps Kevin tormented between his desire to be with her and a conviction that she could somehow be involved in the murders.

Angel immediately recognizes that Kevin has more in common with "The Community" then he understands and Angel knows how to cure his constant exhaustion and apathy. Her mission to help Kevin only enhances her desire for him while soothing her own depression with each encounter. Although, even Angel's talent may not be enough to kill Kevin's own demons.

This series holds great sentimental value for me as this author is a personal friend of mine. That being said, this story is well written and executed. Hussey's ability to pack so much in a book and still manage to pull a romance out of it is brilliance! The character development for this trilogy is outstanding and I felt like I knew each of them personally. As most of my GR friends know about me, I enjoy "different" and THIS book/series is definitely that! It's not what you're expecting and I had a blast!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eveillez.

message 1: by Fred (new)

Fred My goodness!

Leslie I know, Fred, right? This author is a personal friend of mine and she's quite a good writer as well! I've beta-read this one already and she was kind enough to send me a copy of the finished product. ;)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle [Helen Geek] I still haven't read these yet. I bought the first one after reading your review and just haven't gotten to it yet. Similar to ??

Leslie Michelle, this series isn't really close to anything else I've read, and personal friendship aside, it's one of the reasons I loved all 3 books. The writing was great as well which only enhances the story. The gore factor in this particular book is a litte higher than the other 2, but it still works and I was able to "look the other way." HA HA!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle [Helen Geek] I have it on my pile and am waiting for my next PN mood to hit. This series will be one of the top books I'll read then. I love your reviews.

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian The cover scares me a little. Is it really violent?

message 7: by Leslie (last edited May 28, 2012 01:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leslie Ian wrote: "The cover scares me a little. Is it really violent?"

Hee, Ian...no, it's not necessarily violent but if you have an adversion to blood, like any vamp series, it can get well...bloody. The writing is actually very good and her stories really capture New Orleans' essence! I've been there myself and she's right on with her delicious descriptions!