Snap's Reviews > Patterns in the Sand

Patterns in the Sand by Sally Goldenbaum

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: cozy-mysteries, read-in-2012, chick-lit
Recommended for: As a summer read, Cozy lovers, those who like to knit
Read in April, 2012

PATTERNS IN THE SAND is the second novel in the Seaside Knitters cozy mystery series by Sally Goldenbaum. I love the small town, fishing village setting of Sea Harbor, Massachusetts. Izzy Chambers owns the local knit shop and one evening she receives a telephone call to hurry to the shop as there is a dead girl in her front window. Hurry and get there before the local cops mess up the pretty yarn! She arrives to find the young fiber artist Willow Adams has fallen asleep in the window. Where did Willow come from? How did she get into Izzy's shop? Sea Harbor is getting ready for it's Art At Night festivity and before all the questions about Willow can be answered the body of Aidan Peabody, one of the gallery owners is found ... very dead. Guess who inherits Aidan's gallery and home? Yes indeed ... Willow! I read the novel in one day. I enjoy a good cozy set by the water and one that talks about yarn. This one had both. Along with the characters that I've enjoyed getting to know ... PATTERNS IN THE SAND is a winner. Off to read number three in the series while I take care of my cold! Good summer read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Patterns in the Sand.