Kelli's Reviews > The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: present-day-fiction
Read from April 02 to 05, 2012

I don't like Amish books or books on quilting, however the cover of this book looked so fun and stuck out to me. It's sort of a 'misfit group comes together' kind of story. I guess in this case, I did want to read a book based on its cover. And some day I would like to learn to quilt. They do make the best blankets. However, their was just too many character pov's for me to keep track of. I quickly gave up reading. I think the story would make a better movie. It's much more cinematic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cassandra Sounds like an interesting book!

♥Robin ♥ I just started reading this book and I love it!! But, I am a big fan of the Amish fiction books☺

Cassandra Ok, just started this one for myself. So far I'm not impressed with the writing and, like you, think there are way too many pov's. I'll read a couple more chapters, but if the story doesn't grab me, I'll move on to something else.

Kelli Haha yeah I just can't get into it when there are so many POVs

Cassandra And... nevermind. 82 pages in and dropping it. No fun reading the same scene from the pov of 7 different characters.

Kelli Yes! I agree! haha