Laura's Reviews > Cinnamon Roll Murder

Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke

Apr 02, 12

Read in April, 2012

This book was a good quick read - I welcome books that include Michelle, as I feel the recipes are a little more creative and there usually are more savory recipes. The mystery part was OK - a few too many coincidences, and it doesn't really get going until the end of the book. And where did Andrea's kids go? And there wasn't nearly enough Mike. I also got the sense that his romance with Hannah might be cooling, which is unfortunate because I think that I prefer him to Norman.

While I still find this series engaging and sweet, I am starting to think it's time to wrap it up. Or, if she can't bear to wrap it up, marry Hannah off and make Michelle the lead character. The downside of focusing on the sisters' relationship is that the books become a little too much like the Isis Crawford books for comfort (though I generally prefer these recipes).

Anyway, if you're a fan of the series, this is a must read. If you're not into cozies or already into the series, I'd skip it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinnamon Roll Murder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Clare Really? I far prefer Norman for Hannah.

Laura Yeah, most people seem to prefer Norman for Hannah, but I'm pretty firmly Team Mike.