Sofija's Reviews > Wanderlove

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

Apr 02, 12

Read from March 31 to April 02, 2012

This book was inspiring. I’ve never wished more that I could draw and that I was brave enough to let go of my comfort and fear and just explore the world in its wildest form.

“Wanderlove” was so rich. It was rich on travels and description of all these beautiful places. And Bria vision of them was so unique. Because she is an artist she sees things differently. And for the length of this book I got to see beauty of the world through her eyes.

It was rich on relationship. Any kind: parents, friends, boyfriends. And let me say, it was nice to read about relationship that grows with time instead of instant love. Bria and Rowan actually get to know each other first. They become friends. Their attraction is based on shared experience, on finding things in common, on opening to each other.

It was rich on different problems that young people face. Like insecurities, fear of the future, trying to find their place in this world.

I loved the inserts from Bria journals. They were very clever, funny and insightful. And the illustrations were gorgeous. Who needs movies when you can read vivid description and then compare you vision with the author’s through her drawings? I think it was brilliant idea and I wish there were more books with illustrations.

It was pure pleasure to spend a few hours in “Wanderlove”. Fun, sweet, educating and one of the best YA I’ve read in a long time.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderlove.