Shelby P's Reviews > Deeper

Deeper by Megan Hart

Apr 12, 12

Read in June, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This review will contain spoilers: BE WARNED!

I read the other reviews and so many readers were brought to tears with this novel. I didn't find anything to cry about in this story. As I was reading, I wanted to read all the "then" chapters first and then the "now" chapters, but didn't.

I don't understand why Bess let "then" Andy jerk her around like that. Why did she even marry him? Because he loved her and she wanted him to be happy?? Lame excuse for a marriage.

I thought what Nick did to Bess with that girl in front of her sons was god-awful. He made her look like a fool to her sons. But I guess that was a convenient way for them to break up.

Eddie was indeed the best part of this story. For one second there I thought Eddie may be a ghost too. How is it that "then" Eddie knew to show up on Bess's doorstep and just be with her (no words necessary) when she was having a bad day? A little hard to swallow but whatever.

I also think that "now" Alicia, the witch, should have found out that Bess was the girl at the party when they played the quiji game. It would have been interesting to have Eddie or Alicia see Nick.

It was nice to hear about Joe and Sadie from Broken.

Of all the books I've read by Megan Hart, this is my least favorite. After a while, I just skipped over the sex scenes with "now" Nick and Bess.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper.