Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Weekend Agreement

Weekend Agreement by Barbara  Wallace

Apr 02, 12

Read in April, 2012

This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Weekend Agreement is a light and easy read for an afternoon of romance. Charlotte Doherty is a history professor who seeks out Daniel Moretti to buy back her mother’s family farm that was sold without her knowledge. Daniel Moretti is a billionaire businessman that doesn’t trust women and sees Professor Charlotte Doherty as just another person who wants something from him. Daniel sees this as a perfect opportunity to get something out of this for himself, with Charlotte so desperate to get her farm back. Daniel proposes that she accompany him to his parent’s anniversary party in Nantucket, and she can buy back the farm at the buying price. Desperate and seeing no other way she agrees to this and stipulates a propriety clause. If it becomes anything but a business agreement then she gets the farm free and clear.

What I liked about this story is watching for the crack in the stringent veneer of the hero Daniel. He doesn’t trust women but he sees something is different in Charlotte and he starts to waver. That is when I begin to get drawn into a story when the soft vulnerable side starts to get exposed. Charlotte sees glimpses of those moments and tries to see the man drop the walls he’s built up from fear of getting hurt. There is a lot of give and take between Charlotte and Daniel until they both see clearly what they want from each other. I like this story because it gave me just enough of conflict, resolution and romance to see that they can be a good match for each other and believe that they are both in love with the real person.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weekend Agreement.