CJ - Drop Dead Cute's Reviews > Lyon's Bride

Lyon's Bride by Cathy Maxwell

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: autumn-read, beach-read, family, familyconflict, historical-romance, london-england, mystery-meets-supernatural, romance, witches
Recommended to CJ - Drop Dead Cute by: Cherise
Read on September 12, 2012

This was an ARC

It was a pretty clean copy for an ARC so the problem isn't with the grammar or the type setting. My issue was that there were a lot of things glossed over. Important things. It made the story, while interesting, seem very rushed.

I wanted to know more about Neal and Thea's friendship, more about how they fell in love, more interactions between them other than the house party. I didn't feel an attraction between them until that house party so it seemed very ... stilted to have them suddenly...well, I'll let you read it for yourself.

Also, how Thea suddenly went from Scully to Mulder in her belief about the curse. I like her spirit but she did play the typical heroine in distress at one point and it just seemed out of character. I get that love makes you do stupid things but it still seems out of her character.

Will I read the next one? Probably. It's a good premise even if the execution wasn't all that spectacular.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lyon's Bride.