Heidi Rice's Reviews > The Marriage Bargain

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

Apr 15, 12

Read from April 02 to 15, 2012

I just had to read Jennifer Probst's book after all the buzz about it on Twitter and Amazon and Goodreads, etc, and especially after I'd got an eyeful of that super-sexy cover.... And I can happily say I wasn't disappointed. Yes, what's inside the book is as sexy and gorgeous as that cover. The story was everything I love in a great romance read - a fabulous opening sequence (where we meet the smart, funny and ever so slightly economically desperate Alexa and her complete opposite the cool, calm, cynical and every so slightly emotionally cold Nick)... Their marriage of convenience eventually leads to a heartfelt, funny and smoking hot story about two people who think they have absolutely nothing in common but actually have so much to give each other... There are a string of cherishable moments along the way, but easily my favourite was the scene when Nick discovers what Alexa has hidden away in his rec room! I liked it so much I had to give my latest hero a dog... I'm just saying. Nice one, Ms Probst.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Bargain.

Jennifer Probst HI Heidi! I am so thrilled and happy you loved the book, especially because you are such a great author yourself! Thanks so much for the lovely review - it made my day!

Heidi Rice You're so welcome, Jennifer!

Susanne I read this because I'd heard a lot about it on a couple of loops. It was a fun read, and I have to agree with Heidi - the contents of Nick's rec room had me rofl. Alexa's family were a lovely balance in the story, as was Nick's sister. I do like good secondary characters, and these didn't disappoint. They make the h/h's story so much more realistic.
Any hero who can see the good in a mutt like Alexa's gets the thumbs up.

Jennifer Probst Thanks so much, Sue! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book on Heidi's rec! And I do love that dog!