Nawnee's Reviews > Sunset

Sunset by Arshad Ahsanuddin

Apr 03, 2012

Recommended for: Everyone
Read from March 30 to April 01, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Arshad Ahsanuddin's debut novel, Sunset, is the first installment in a breathtaking new series about vampires, hunters, and humans. I missed that this was a homo-erotic story when I signed up, which is a new genre for me that I don't usually read, I'm actually glad I missed it cause I might not have signed up and this was an exceptional book.
I was impressed with the book's complexity and layers of unfolding information. I loved the author's use of such a bold, intelligent language. This book slowly reveals the structure of the different allegiances and governments. With such a big story and immense plot I think it was a good idea on the authors part to slowly sheds more light on the histories of the characters, and the multiple motivations of different characters. All of this did keep me very interested in what was happening in the over all book.
I had a hard time classifying this book, it was such a complex vampire book and this could be due to the author building a "new world". I did enjoy this book but it wasn't tfun easy read I've come to enjoy in the paranormal genre.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunset.

04/01/2012