Jenna's Reviews > Rise from Darkness

Rise from Darkness by Ciara Knight

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: bewitching-book-tours, blog-tour
Recommended to Jenna by: bewitching book tours
Recommended for: angel fans
Read from April 01 to 02, 2012

Unexpectedly good. There are lots of angel stories springing up from everywhere, and some of them honestly are not good enough. But Rise from Darkness doesn't belong to that criteria. It's awesome delicate story brings on the hype of its fastpaced telling that makes you keep reading. Sure the main gist of the novel is not all new, but Ciara has this gift of making it into something that has never been done before, as far as I can remember.

Another thing that makes me love stories are the great characters. Well, Rise from darkness certainly has them. Gabby, the main protagonist of the story can be labeled as a strong heroine from zero to hero. Alex, on the other hand has this vulnerability that makes me want to hug him tight but also he has this strong and dependable personality that makes me want to hind under his wings, metaphorically speaking, but can also be literal if you want. Lol.

Overall, this an incredible first book for the trilogy. A great read that makes me want to follow the series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise from Darkness.