Shawna's Reviews > Lover at Last

Lover at Last by J.R. Ward

May 03, 13

bookshelves: favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorite-romance-series, author-jr-ward-jessica-bird, pnr-vampires, series-black-dagger-brotherhood, man-man-lovin-mm, friends-to-lovers, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, unrequited-love-crush, tattoos-piercings-body-art, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, cheating-hearts-fidelity-issues, 2013-reads, 4-to-5-stars, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, backdoor-action-lovin-playin, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, badasses-hunks-in-leather, best-endings-epilogues, best-fave-reads-of-2013, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, best-friendships, best-snarkasm-humor, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, childhood-ties-friends-sweethearts, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, heartbreaking-gutwrenching-romance, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-alpha, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-black-sheep, hero-brooding, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-reformed-rake-player, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-tattalizing, hero-walking-hardon, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hh-warrior, i-read-library, love-triangle-vying-courtships, made-me-cry, pnr-paranormal-romance, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, star-crossed-lovers, steam-3-hot, steam-some-like-it-hard-rough-dirty, urban-fantasy, hh-jeez-just-frigging-talk-already, hero-piercings-in-yummy-places
Read from April 23 to May 02, 2013

4 ½ stars – Vampire/Paranormal/Urban Fantasy M/M romance

Thoughts Before Reading

Qhuay, YAY!!!! Qhuay happy dance!! *swoons* Qhuay happy dance!! *faints*

Somebody better have some smelling salts and the crash cart defibrillator paddles ready!!!!
54 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover at Last.

05/03/2013 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-21)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Katie(babs) Knowing my luck, I'll get hit by a bus the day before Qhuay comes out.

Shawna Right?!? LOL! I need to mark my calendar so I can plan some vacation time around it. LOL! :)

Laura Carson Oh I Definitley did a happy dance when she announced this! About frickin time!

Michelle the Romance Witch definitely going to have to take this day off from work so i can read it!

Lynsey A I get married a month after this release...do you think I will be able to wait and read it on my honeymoon? Nope, don't think so! :)

Shawna I'm not sure your new hubby would understand that, LOL! Congrats on your engagement! :)

Lynsey A Ha ha, Shawna. Oh then again, he might. :) He's a very understanding man. Then again we are driving for our honeymoon so look at all the reading time! :)

Thanks! We just met with the woman at the venue today and planned out the menu and the drinkage. :) (she is leaving to go to a new job so we wanted to meet with her before she left - she is the SIL of one of my bridesmaids.)

Shawna Maybe you will be able to read it on your honeymoon after all. Happy wedding planning! :)

Lynsey A Thanks!

Taryn newby Is it going to be just a M/M novel ???

message 11: by Lora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lora Taryn wrote: "Is it going to be just a M/M novel ???"

Since the main couple consists of two males, I suppose you could say that, yes. But there'll still be plenty of side plots taking up copious amounts of page time, as always, I'm sure.

Shawna Well said, Lora!

Marissa I cannot wait!!! LOVE LOVE the cover!!!

Shawna It's an awesome cover! :)

Lynsey A Love the cover! Super freakin fantastic!

Shawna He's sooo yummy! "Lover At Last"...indeed!

Carisa Thanks for the tip Shawna, I can't believe I'm looking forward to read a MM love story, JRW has bewitched me for sure

message 4: by Nadny (new) - added it

Nadny I'm soooo excited!

Shawna I preordered this book in December and I am still anxious about getting it in my greedy little hands..Hurry up and get here already

Vicky I preordered in Sept and forgot is due out this month. Now that I've been reminded, I'm dying over here B-) Maybe I'll have to revivisit this series. YumO!!!

Leyoh I am also delighted. I CANNOT wait for this.