Ni_kii's Reviews > Nobody's Angel

Nobody's Angel by Kallypso Masters

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, dreamy-men, men-in-uniform, menage
Read in April, 2012

From Master’s at Arms: Master Marc’s life was out of control before he signed up. He hated his job of running his families resort, missed his newly deceased brother and needed to get away from his python of an ex. His brother had died serving his country in the Marines after 9/11 and Marc had never been able to shake the feeling that the wrong brother had died. Enlisting with the Navy seemed like the thing that he should do but things didn’t go according to plan and instead he ends up a Medic’s with a group of Marines on tour in Iraq. There he finds surrogate brothers in the form of Damien and Adam, men who understand him and the damage that war can do to the
There is a FAB threesome scene in a BDSM club but the lasting memory I have from this book is of Marc’s selflessness and determination to try to get every man home, even to the detriment of his own health. I really was looking forward to his HEA.

Nobodies Angel: After his bad experience with his ex, Marc keeps women at a distance. Even at the club, he only uses them for mutual pleasure and then walks away. When he turns up late for his Dungeon Monitor shift at the club one night, he walks into a situation that makes him wish he had been on time. A new couple are using the room, only the man seems to be less of a Dom and more of an abuser. After realising the subs cries aren’t that of pleasure, he intervenes and rescues her. Realising she has been pushed into a precarious mental state by the incident, Marc stays with her until she regains some sense of normal. Slipping away just before she becomes completely lucid, he is quite happy to be a mysterious guardian angel.

Angelina doesn’t remember much of the night of the club; she just knows that BDSM is definitely not something she wants to try again. When she meets Marc and his partner Luke in a diner, she can’t help but feel that she knows him somewhere and that he’s safe. Marc is shocked to see her again outside of the diner and be attracted to the woman that he hadn’t seen beneath the layers of pain that night. He is even more shocked when his partner Luke tells him that his dead wife had been to him in a dream and told him she was sending him an angel and that he thought that angel was Angelina. It is obvious that Angelina has no idea who Marc is and, deciding that if she can bring Luke out of his slump he should push them together, he decides to keep it that way. But when it becomes apparent that Luke and Angelina are not destined to be, he realises that Angelina needs someone to show her that the BDSM that she needs is not only about pain, but that she can get great pleasure from it too.

BDSM is about trust, about knowing the person you gift your pleasure to. Marc knows that he can’t tell her the truth about that night and expect her to submit to him, so he continues to lie. What will she say when the cat is out of the bag? Also, is he lying to himself by pretending that she is nothing to him but a sub that he needs to heal?

Oh my, this book was all kinds of NAUGHTY! I loved Marc and his tortured Dom ways (I also love Luke...looking forward to that story :D) I couldn’t help cringe every time he lied to her and pretended he’d never met her before; it was inevitable that that was going to blow up in his face. Angelina was a lovely, opinionated woman who was a pleasure to read about. Her inner dialogue was very very funny; I’ve often wondered what goes on in subs heads during orgasm denial and now I know :D I enjoyed every aspect of their story, but I didn’t know how it would end. It was clear that Luke would never be enough for her, that she needed the release that a Master could give her but I have to say I was torn. Marc was lovely and drool-worthy but Luke was lovely and damaged....it was a toss-up for me. The scenes at the club were very well-written and very erotic; bravo Ms Masters, this book was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Angel.