Preet's Reviews > The Weeping

The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison

Apr 01, 12

Read in March, 2012

I usually add a book description with my reviews, but I didn't want to do that for this particular book. I initially read the description when I signed up for the tour, but when I got around to reading it, I was a bit hazy on major details other than it was a mystery involving a theatre. I'm actually really glad I didn't read the description again because it made the book into a puzzle I had to figure out. As a reader, I was immediately hooked on this story from the first sentence. I liked that I wasn't introduced to the main character right off the bat, but instead immediately taken into a scene of chaos where I didn't understand what was happening.

Once I was introduced to the main character, I was continually thrown into scenes that somehow always had a way of being haunting even when there wasn't really anything going on. Heath, our male lead, is a guy who had everything going for him, but then had his life completely shatter in an instant. With the little background knowledge, it was another miniature mystery trying to find out what exactly happened to him. Though the trauma was a bit predictable, I liked finding out what really happened as he began to feel more comfortable with characters and opened up because it felt as if he were opening up to me.

Being introduced to the number of side characters only makes the plot of this story more interesting even before odd occurrences start happening. Every character had a different personality that I wanted to know more about. Even if they were in few scenes, they all had a way of slightly impacting the story. As the more haunting elements come into play, the reader is deep into a thrilling mystery that becomes a "who-done-it" tale that kept me guessing to the very end.

With Hutchison's eerie undertones throughout the book, you'll be thrown into a plot that takes you on a number of journeys, with each one more exciting and intriguing than the last, and you won't want to put it down until you read every last twist and turn.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weeping.